If you're serious about knowledge management (or if you just want to add a little variety to your Twitter feed), you're in luck! We've compiled a list of 11 knowledge management influencers to follow on Twitter.
- Ian Thorpe (@ithorpe) - Ian describes himself as a "knowledge manager, international development worker, UN staffer, [and] suburban dad." He runs KM on a dollar a day, a blog dedicated to effective knowledge management using limited resources.
- David Gurteen (@DavidGurteen) - David is an independent knowledge management consultant who "helps people to share their knowledge; to learn from each other; to innovate and to work together effectively to make a difference!"
- Euan Semple (@Euan) - Euan is "a public speaker, writer and consultant" who has worked with the BBC, BP, The World Bank and NATO to introduce social media tools with a focus on helping people connect and learn from each other within their organizations.
- Dave Snowden (@snowded) - Dave is the founder and Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) of Cognitive Edge. His work centers on "government and industry looking at complex issues relating to strategy, organizational decision making and decision making."
- Nancy White (@NancyWhite) - Nancy is an "international practitioner in understanding and practicing online group facilitation of distributed work, learning and community groups," and is considered one of the top influencers in the knowledge management industry.
- Alice MacGillivray (@4KM) - Alice takes a unique approach to knowledge management: "a more ecosystem-like workplace can have many benefits. Connections amongst the groups you care about, such as employees, departments, clients, customers, suppliers, and citizens are recognized and enriched."
- V. Mary Abraham (@vmaryAbraham) - Mary is a "leading facilitator and consultant, award-winning writer and knowledge management advisor" who currently runs Above and Beyond KM, a knowledge management blog with a special focus on law firm KM.
- Jack Vinson (@Jackvinson) - Jack is "a versatile knowledge management professional, bringing experiences from external consulting, internal knowledge management positions, and teaching at the graduate level. " He runs Knowledge Jolt with Jack, a blog about KM, personal effectiveness, theory of constraints and other topics.
- Stan Garfield (@stangarfield) - Stan has been a community evangelist in Global Knowledge Services at Deloitte since 2008. Stan believes "effective knowledge management demands equally effective leaders."
- Richard Hare (@RichardHare) - Richard is "an intranet strategist and knowledge management consultant," who has worked with online collaboration tools for nearly 20 years now. Be sure to check out his blog, Is This Wisdom? for some great KM content.
- Chris Collison (@chris_collison) - Chris is "an establihsed knowledge management consultant with 17 years of experience with nearly 100 clients." He also runs a blog, All of us are smarter than any of us....
Adding these influencers to your twitter feed is sure to help you become a more effective knowledge manager and give you some greater insight into the ways you can improve communication and collaboration.
To make things easy we've created a Twitter List you can use to get the latest updates from all of these great minds. And don't forget to Follow AnswerHub for the latest knowledge management software updates.
Looking for ways to improve the knowledge in your organization? Check out our FREE eBook: